Make Your Own Fossil
What you'll need:
- 2 paper cups
- An object that you would like to use as the fossilized impression
- Plaster of paris
- Flatten a ball of plasticine until it is about 2 cm thick while making sure the top is smooth.
- Put the plasticine inside a paper cup with the smooth side facing up. Carefully press the object you want to fossilize into the plasticine until it is partially buried.
- Carefully remove the object from the plasticine. An impression of the object should be left behind.
- Pour half a cup of plaster of paris into the other paper cup. Add a quarter cup of water to the plaster and stir until the mixture is smooth. Leave it for around two minutes.
- When the mixture has thickened pour it on top of the plasticine in the other cup. Leave the mixture until the plaster has dried (leave it for 24hrs if you want to be sure).
- When the plaster has fully dried, tear away the sides of the paper cup and take out the plasticine and plaster. Keep it in a warm dry place and enjoy your very own fossil.
Fossils are extremely useful records of the past. In your case you left behind an impression of an object you own but fossils found by scientists around the world can date back to the time of dinosaurs. These fossils allow paleontologists (the name of scientists who study these types of fossils) to study what life might have been like millions of years ago. Fossils such as the one you made can leave delicate patterns and a surprising amount of detail.
Further research and information:
Research more about fossils, how they are formed, the study of paleontology, petrification and more at our facts about fossils page.
|人妻乱伦人妻乱伦,快播资源快播资源,色中色 board色中色 board